I am a passionate software developer who loves programming, especially in the Ruby language. Over these past 9 years, my main focus has been working with Ruby on Rails and it's technology framework. During this time, I have worked hard to gain an in-depth knowledge. Most of my experience has been working as a key member with a number of Ruby development teams. I especially enjoy this type of collaboration and pushing of my skill base to ensure the team delivers top quality products, output and hits delivery time frames.
During my spare time, I am an active member in the Ruby meet up community and join hackathons and code camps outside of work. I enjoy the social aspect of this area of my life, but this also helps to constantly keep my skills at the forefront of development. I consider myself a proactive developer and enjoy suggesting strategies or new technologies within my team to boost the development of the project, at the same time applying the suggested best practice as of the current trends, for example, TDD, Agile, Git Flow, Devops, scrum, pair programming, open source and collaboration.
Recently I have just finished teaching myself Elixir/Phoenix and have successfully built my first app.
I previously used Redmine for task management for 6 months for a previous short term project that I worked on last 2014. I have a wide experience on using Trello and JIRA for task management.
Throughout my career, I have learned how the software development life cycle works from planning through to implementation, testing and deployment, alongside supporting the products adding new features and the bug fixing phases. Software development is my passion and I am keen to learn new technologies and strategies to continue to grow my knowledge and career.
October 2015 - Present
The business was built around on of the largest UK research companies, the app was used to gather feedback from the community through surveys and polls. All customer rewards and payments were also focused through their app.
- Responsible for developing new features, bug fixes, maintaining the project and providing improvements.
- Handled some of the heavy tasks in the project like the automation of imports of bulk users with dynamic attributes (if the attribute doesn’t exist it will automatically added to the user’s attributes) with error handling and re-import functionality for fail records import.
- Automation of bulk user update of records, this feature is in charge on updating user details from excel files from client and they can specify from the file which attribute to update only and if the attribute doesn’t exist it will just add up to the user attributes.
- Work on most of background process features, like reassigning user access to the content base from specific criteria specified in the admin panel, background process on sending event surveys on specified time to be blast base on the evaluated criteria from the admin panel, and many other background process features.
- Refactor some code base to be centralized and reusable from other areas of the app.
- Building new community for the client, Build and customize the community from how it looks, to specific functionality requests to be included into that community.
- Deploying urgent bug fixes depending on the client or the product owner requirements.
- Participating on planning and time estimates for new features, improvements and some dev works needed to work on in the next sprint.
- Suggesting some improvements on the dev process like doing agile, scrum, sprint, following gitflow and applying best practice to the project
Oberthur Technologies - Software Developer
August 2014 - September 2015
- Developed web applications using Ruby on Rails (being the main developer and full stack as backend and frontend) within a team.
- Responsible in writing unit test and functional test using rspec for the application.
- Developed api to communicate to the services exposed by the scala application (main service product) using rails.
Magente BPO - Web Developer
July 2012 - July 2014
- Developed an e-commerce project for internal use using Laravel 4 for clients in Abu Dhabi.
- Developed a mobile website of Sammy Network for clients in Japan.
- Created new websites based on the requirements of the outsourced projects.
- Trained and mentored interns and new developers.
June 2010 - June 2012
- Developed websites and android apps from scratch.
- Created web-based systems using Ruby on Rails and some PHP codeigniter framework to satisfy client requests. Involved in setting up and maintaining the servers (linux).
Ruby On Rails
- Whistle Blower
- Order your menu online
- Event Apps
- Project Karma
- 3M ESPE App
- Clinical Reservation System
- Developed website
- Event Web App.
- HMO (C# web application) – A web-based information system for computing and tracking hospital billings and payments of the seafarers and principals.
April 2009 - May 2010
- Developed web-based e-commerce internal/client projects using the company’s internal library in PHP (called Eden).
- Involved in maintaining existing e-commerce web-based projects.
- Implemented some PHP script/ library/functions to be reused in the next projects.
- Main resource person on using Facebook and Tumblr API’s using Eden PHP library
- Enhanced/maintained website
- Created new e-commerce web-based system in a team
- Maintained the Eden PHP library (company library)
- An android app which is an alarm clock with a points system developed.
- Blot shopping card wallet - an android app where you can store your digital card details like card number, card information and card images preview.
- Maintaining the web application which is written in rails 3 with redis and mongodb.